Affordable Housing The ‘R’-Word Has People Panic Stricken! I’ve been seeing the word “Recession” a lot in the news and I have several people ask me about it in terms of buying or selling a house. So I took the opportunity to call up Matthew Gardner, the Chief Economist for Windermere. Side note: Windermere is the only Real Estate company in the region […]
Economy Americans are now worth $100 Trillion, but the top 10% own almost all of it.   Believe it or not, the bottom 50% of American households represent only 10% of the country’s wealth. Put another way, the wealthiest 10% of Americans are worth more than the other 90% of people combined. Think about that for a minute. The raw numbers are laid out in a fascinating article in the Wall […]
Affordable Housing The Gentrification Of Seattle From Two Angles. By Ron Upshaw and Logic Amen.   I’ve spent a good chunk of my life living in “transitional neighborhoods.” At least that’s what they were called when I bought in. Now these areas are being referred to as a “gentrifiable census tracts.” Seattle is now the 3rd most gentrifying city in America according to a […]
Children BLOG 4 | Why your newborn baby should have her own house. I recently had lunch with a good friend of mine who’s about to have a baby girl. Through the course of our conversation I said, “Have you ever thought about buying a house for your baby?” There was a bit of an awkward pause, and she responded, “What do you mean?” I then started to […]
Eastside BLOG 2 | How you can profit from Amazon’s Bellevue tower… If you’re an Eastsider, you are living in an interesting time… at least from a Real Estate perspective.  I’m talking, of course, about the announcement from Amazon to build their largest building in the entire company in Downtown Bellevue. After that information was released, it was also uncovered that there are plans for a Phase […]
Don't Miss Our Next Post
Subscribe Now